CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Update on my father

First thanks to my friends both online and off for their thoughts and prayers!

My father is still in the rehab part of our local hospital. It's now been about a month. Time has not really gone by fast, it's seems like he has been there forever.
We were hoping he would be going home this past week but he had another set back.
Earlier in the week, they sent him to the ER with another fever. It got up to around 103 and he felt terrible. After all their tests, they stated he got an infection from his catheter. I am not 100% sold on that. He has had a fever off and on throughout his stay at the hospital and did not have the catheter all the time. Needless to say, I am thankful that the fever has subsided. Thank you Lord!!
We had hoped to take him home this week, but his other leg started giving him problems and hinders his walking. They have put him on another med and so far so good. Today mom was able to get him to go outside in the wheel chair for a bit. Mom said it was nice he was able to see our beautiful blue sky (soon it will be filled with snow clouds.. ughh)
He is a lil' discouraged that he has not had alot of visitors. But hopefully he will be home soon. Lord willing... Please also pray for strength for my mother. She gets real tired out going every day to the hospital.
Thanks again and GOD bless.
Deb

2 comments:

Denise said...

I will be praying for your parents.

Pen of Jen said...

I will be praying too!