CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

~~my new FAVORITE song~~

Oh my, I have heard it before but it just hit me today and I had to look up the singer online and just share the awesome lyrics to "my new FAVORITE song". The song is called Empty Me and is song by Chris Sligh. (oh he sings great too... being a writer sometimes the lyrics hit me more)

Empty Me

I’ve had just enough
Of the spotlight when it burns bright
To see how it gets in the blood
I’ve tasted my share
Of the sweet life and the wild ride
And found a little is not quite enough
I know how I can stray
And how fast my heart could change
Empty me of the selfishness inside
Every vain ambition and the poison of my pride
And any foolish thing my heart holds onto
Lord, empty me of me so I can be filled with you
I’ve seen just enough
Of the quick buys of the best lies
To know how prodigals can be drawn away
pre-chorus * chorus‘Cause everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you, compared to you‘
Cause everything is a lesser thing
Compared to you, so I surrender all
I especially like the words in blue... what powerful lyrics.. wish I had wrote them! But I am blessed never the less. I will attach his web site and am going to attempt to post a video of it. It's worth a listen..
What a way to pray each day...... LORD EMPTY ME OF ME SO I CAN BE FILLED WITH YOU.... Let it be so..
http://www.chrissligh.com/ ----- Chris Sligh website
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnycyGi7bTg you tube performance of the song.

1 comment:

jubilee said...

Oh, yes. Quite powerful words - if one has the courage to say them!