CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 02, 2008

sickness diagnosed -- latest writing news

I came home sick from work Wednesday and felt terrible all night. I had such a bone chilling coldness going thru me and could not get warm. The next day I was able to get into the doctor and he said he thought I had viral flu. I do not recall ever having the flu. But uggh... the writer in me knows I could have worded this so much better.

He put me on some medicine and one of them was predinosone for all the chest congestion and pressure I was experiencing. It seems to help that but oh my it keeps me up and I cannot sleep much thankfully it's a weaning off medicine. Enough about me and my woes. Thank you Lord for giving wisdom to Doctors and to those who developed medicine to help us with our sicknesses.


Writing Updates:
Recently I have reconnected with faithwriters and have begun to enter their challenges again. http://www.faithwriters.com/ I was looking at my profile and was surprised and saddened that I had been away for so long.
Needless to say, I entered my first piece and it was a short inspirational devotional pieces. This genre of writing is what comes easiest to me and I am comfortable in it. I have desired to write more fiction and really have only attempted it a few times.
In talking to my fellow writers in the group it seems like fiction is a genre that does catch the attention of the judges. Two weeks ago, I entered a fiction piece for their topic of Actions speak louder than words. The idea came to me when I was laying in bed and just veggin' as the teens would say. I have had a few good comments and some suggestions too. Both are so welcome for I have had not a good grammatical background.
My fifth grade English teacher, I will call her Mrs. G. left her mark in me and it has followed me. I was getting A's and B's in all my classes except hers English. It did not make since as I was an avid reader and part of the Library group. My mother met with her to ask what I could do to improve it. She told my mother that some children will always stay at certain levels and could not improve. Whoa!! Can you believe it. I have never forgotten and some day hope to find her and mail her some of my published pieces of work.
That is why I believe fiction intimidates me and I am just seeking God and he has given me this gift and will see it to the place he wants it to go. I cannot give specifics on my piece as they are being judged at present and it is anonymous to the judges. I have recently met some on the faithwriters site that I have also seen here on the blog world, so it's best to keep mummm.
REMEMBER GOD IS FAITHFUL TO COMPLETE THAT WORK HE HAS BEGUN IN YOU... JUST BE FAITHFUL TO HIM AND TO WHAT HE HAS CALLED YOU TOO.

Djdeb



No comments: