CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 24, 2010

~~ Sunday Samplings ~~








~~SUNDAY SAMPLINGS~~



Today was the first Sunday in at least a month or so that I had made it to church. Between being sick and terrible weather, I had not been able to attend. So my day started in the house of God, with my fellow believers. Then I met my parents and sister at a Chinese buffet for lunch.... here's a picture of my momma eating what she calls her "ENGLISH FOOD"








It was so nice to have dinner with the family and get to have some sushi!! yummo!




Mom and I went out and about shopping and picture taking. It was one of the warmest days so far this winter. Not very sunny, but it gave me an excuse to break my new camera in some more. Of course there are pictures of my babies........













OK, it's a joke that these are my babies. I have no children and get such joy from seeing and feeding them. For us in New York, seagulls are a reminder of the ocean and New England.






I still cannot believe my new camera allowed me to catch the bird in wing movement. how exciting!!












And lastly for my Sunday samplings.. We went and took pics of some of our local creeks and rivers. We have a flood warning currently though these pics are not reflective of that. The waters should get higher by tomorrow night. Enjoy the winter pics....




THIS IS A PICTURE OF A CREEK THAT RUNS THROUGH THE TOWN. I WAS ATTEMPTING TO GET THE ICE ON THE RIDGE.

















I HAD TO LAUGH AT THIS ONE.. I AM TAKING THE PICTURE AND I AM LIKE WHAT IS THAT FLOWING DOWN THE CREEK. WAIT IT IS A BASKETBALL!?!? :)




THIS IS A PICTURE OF A BENCH AND BOAT DROP OFF AT ONE OF OUR LOCAL RIVERS. THIS RIVER IS NOTORIOUS TO FLOOD. I MISS SITTING ON THIS BENCH... SPRING COME SOON PLEASE!!!


NOT SURE WHY BUT I LIKED THIS PICTURE SHOWING A HUGE TREE THAT HAD FALLEN ONTO A BUNCH OF OTHERS.


Hope you enjoyed my Sunday Samplings..... Deb

No comments: