CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 04, 2010

~~djdeb's ramblings ~~











The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. PSALMS 18:2 kjv


Lately I catch myself praying short prayers of "Lord, give me strength". Over and over I am seeking him for strength.. Never would I have imagined that I would feel so tired, worn out and lethargic. That has described my last few months. I have been sick with bronchitis and some other cold symptoms, but I believe behind it all is my thyroid acting up. Tomorrow I am going to get some blood work and am praying that it will give the level that is needed for an increase in my medicine.














If you have ever heard of anyone with thyroid problems, I am sure you have heard their struggles with their levels. As I am sure I have mentioned before I was hyperthyroid to begin with and ended up having radiation to kill most of the thyroid. The dying of the thyroid takes years to occur (something I learned recently--even though the radiation occurred years back) and the regulating your thyroid levels will always be a part of my life. So I have said all this to say that I have sooooooo needed "strength" and the only place I can seek it is in Christ. He has gotten me through the workdays and I have rested most weekends.














I feel as if many do not understand and see me tired out primarily because of my weight. My weight is a big hindrance and some of it is a result of hypothyroidism. So I am going to continue to seek God for the strength and pursue the doctor to use the medical support there is available for me.









The other night I was suffering a migraine and was trying to rest and all I could sing was this song.













I kept singing I believe your my healer, I believe your more than enough for me.... JESUS you're all I need!!! Lord, I'm holding tight to your promise of strength in your word and will sing in my heart this song to you My Healer!














3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From one who was healed of hypothyroidism - silver and gold I do not have - but I offer you prayers of healing from the One Who completely healed me.
Hugs and prayers,
Deb

Debbie said...

Thank you deb for your encouraging word of testimony and your prayers. I need to continually remember to seek Him for complete healing. I tend to think so small sometimes. Thanks again.

Wylie @ Shout A Joyful Noise! said...

Praying for His supernatural strength over you sweet friend!
Wylie